Jules Bianchi believes he has proven worthy of being handed Force India's second Formula 1 race seat for 2013.
The Frenchman was second quickest behind Kimi Raikkonen at Jerez on Friday, surely putting him in pole position as Force India decide whether it will be Bianchi or Adrian Sutil who partners Paul di Resta this year.
While Bianchi admits his early performances with Force India may have given rise to doubts over his ability, he believes his performances at the Magny-Cours test last year and at Jerez this week should erase them.
"I think now they know me," he told AUTOSPORT.
"On Friday mornings in the free practice sessions I was not the best at first, it's true.
"After Magny-Cours I was a lot better. At Magny-Cours I showed the team that I was quick, and I did here again.
"So it's positive, but it's not in my hands. I just try to do the best when I drive the car and that's it."
According to Force India deputy team principal Bob Fernley, their initial plan had been to keep Bianchi in the reserve role for one more year, but that was scuppered when Nico Hulkenberg left for Sauber.
Regardless of their initial intentions, however, Bianchi is confident he has shown who deserves to partner di Resta, and that he's ready for the challenge.
"I do feel ready. I've had quite a bit of mileage in Formula 1 now and I feel ready to drive in a race," he said.
"So even if the plan was to stay a third driver for two years, now the plan has changed and I'm ready.
"I hope by Barcelona it will be decided who the second driver is."