Gutierrez in talks over 2015 drive

Sunday 17th August 2014

Share:

Gutierrez in talks over 2015 drive

Gutierrez in talks over 2015 drive

Esteban Gutierrez says he is "evaluating all the possibilities" after entering discussions about next year with Sauber and rival teams.

The Mexican racer entered Formula 1 in 2013 with the Sauber team, his path into the sport paved by sponsorship by Mexico's Telmex.

His time in F1, though, has been anything but sensational.

While last year he secured just one top-ten result, this season Gutierrez has yet to even do that.

The 23-year-old is nonetheless hopeful that he will remain in F1 next season.

"We have opened talks with Sauber, [we] have opened discussions with other teams, we are in a time of assessment to see what direction we want to take," GPUpdate.net quotes Gutierrez as having said.

"In the next two months we have to make a decision and right now we're evaluating all the possibilities we have open.

"Sauber is happy with me and wants to continue."

Formula 1 Descends On Suzuka

Editor's Picks

10 Reasons For Three-Car Teams

10 Reasons For Three-Car Teams

What's not to like about three-car teams? Bernie's suggestion has been dismissed by the purists, but it would tighten up the racing...

Winners & Losers: Singapore

Winners & Losers: Singapore

Lewis may have beaten Nico by 33 centimetres on Saturday, but on Sunday he finished 47 laps down the road...

Getting To Know Marchionne

Getting To Know Marchionne

Ferrari fans needn't be worried about Sergio Marchionne - he comes with a pedigree of turning round businesses...

Highlights Of Luca's Tenure

Highlights Of Luca's Tenure

Luca di Montezemolo is Ferrari through and through, from spending time as Enzo Ferrari's assistant to assuming control in 1991...

Tin Foil Hats At The Ready

Tin Foil Hats At The Ready

Twice this season Lewis Hamilton has accused Nico Rosberg of deliberately making a mistake. Was Monza number three?